Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Things of Life

It was another normal weekday for me.  I woke with a song on my lips, determined to be happy even if some of us were cranky for some reason or another.

Then, it happened.  My plans for keeping up a hopeful, cheerful attitude suddenly collapsed.  I found myself in tears, bewildered as to how this could have happened.

And then it all came back to me; or, rather, the Lord gently reminded me.  I didn't really have to say that to her, I reasoned within myself.  It just flamed the fire even more.  Then my fleshly self justified my actions because of the other person's actions.  But the Lord said:

"Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another..."  (Romans 12:10)

Why was it so hard to remember?  I sat there, crying out to my Lord, savoring the sweetness of His arms.  I determined that I would try not to forget His word, that I would just keep my mouth shut next time.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Abby and Josh blowing bubbles. I miss that so much with my best friend's kids!

    ReplyDelete